Saturday, August 21, 2010

A note

Caught in a world of half and half not's
I ride the waves like demons riding the flames,
Picking myself up, every time I fall.
Taking it day by day I have no hopes left,
Cause I don't need second chances
When I shoot to kill.
I take my fantasies and rip them into pieces,
Burning down my safe place.
Today I'm bringing my fears to life
And they're coming for you.
Now it's time to call in a few favors
And raise hell like I used to.
I trust your door is locked tight
And your bed is fireproof;
There'll be nowhere left to hide.

1 comment:

Sibel said...

I can relate to this so well, it's like you're talking about me in this one. :)
This is what i love about poetry, it's all about human emotion and even though you wrote about your feelings, I can translate it into what has been going on in my life.
The poem is really powerful and the imagery is perfect for this kind of vindictive verse.