Friday, August 13, 2010

One

I'm the one with an extra heart on my sleeve
and I'm always honest when I pretend I don't care.
I got fire burning in my eyes when I'm asleep
and I like to keep myself sedated.
For everything I do there's a price
I'm making you pay.
I raise hell with just a word, but
I'm usually the quiet one, in my corner.
In my head, I've killed you a hundred times
and then sold my soul to get you back.
There are many names for what I am,
but I never liked hiding behind one.
You can try to find me, track me down;
I'll always be one step ahead
and never in the shadow.
There's no words to describe me,
still, there is this one little twitch of terror
that always brings me closer
to you all.
I'm unique and there's a million like me out there
just waiting their turn.

No comments: